The mission of the Quality Technician is to support the Plant in the implementation of a solid quality system for the manufacture of Ice Cream products. Support the plant in the identification of quality related issues. Report quality trends to the Organization, while supporting the plant objectives of quality, efficiency, safety, productivity, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for performing job functions in a manner that promotes a safe work environment, including compliance with confined space, PPE, fall protection, LOTO, and all other safety policies and practices.
- Front line member of the Quality team that drives a strong Quality culture throughout the plant.
- Ensure consumer safety and satisfaction is being met through routine line and product checks frequently throughout the shift.
- Withhold suspect or substandard ingredients. Assist line to determine root cause of the issue and process the DRMR form into a SNCR report in the Quality One system
- Report out of standard Finished Product to the QA and Department Leadership team. Investigate with the operations team to determine root causes of the issue and help implement immediate corrective actions to mitigate further holds.
- Be able to use all Quality systems such as SAP, PLM, Sample 6, Quality One and all other systems related to work as required. Other Quality systems could be assigned as needed.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions as determined by Quality Defect trends or other Quality related issues. Will help to gather information for investigation purposes for these sessions as directed by Quality FLM and/or Quality Manager.
- Thoroughly audit plants GMP’s, housekeeping, sanitation, glass and hard plastics on the line and product safety as defined by the plant HACCP and quality systems.
- Manage instrumentation and calibrations of lab equipment.
- Drive growth in the Quality department by leading various improvement projects
- Develop SOP’s for QA duties. Cooperates with other management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
- Reviews and trouble shoot technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Provides analytical support and trouble shooting skills to correct non-conformance and consumer issues.
- Completes all product and ingredient testing as outlined by Quality Manager.
- Leads plants sensory panels and reports out findings to the leadership team
- Performs packaging integrity Analysis
- Perform Micro Analysis and all documentation related to trending and MQS (Mgmt Quality System).
- Be able to work in a team environment to ensure all quality goals for the plant are being met.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S., etc.) or equivalent from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to taste and smell. The employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee occasionally lifts and / or moves up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and / or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connectez-vous avec nous
Nous cherchons toujours à nous connecter avec ceux qui partagent un intérêt pour un avenir durable.
Entrez en contact avec Unilever PLC et les équipes spécialisées de notre siège social, ou trouvez des contacts dans le monde entier.Nous contacter