Job Title: Quality Management Specialist, ekaterra, UAE, Jebel Ali
Job Type: (Short-term Contract/Blossom project) - Immediate Hire
Work Location: Lipton Factory Jebel Ali, United Arab Emirates
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
The job purpose for this role is twofold:
- Build and Implement the SAP-QM module of the new S4H SAP implementation at Pietermaritzburg (LJA) factory, according to ekaterra Global Design for Quality Management in Manufacture, Streamline Quality processes in the factory in line with Global Design, using the opportunity of a new SAP implementation.
- Provide quality assurance service to the business to ensure that products produced by LJA are fit for use by the consumers and according to ekaterra specifications and standard. Ensure that all aspects of Quality are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product.
Your Key Tasks:
- Performs inbound sampling & testing of raw & pack materials using approved method of analysis and check compliance with specifications / standards. Block and release materials using SAP
- Submits detected non-conformities to the Quality Lead, Planning, Production and Supplier (raise SNCR in SAP / Tea system). Follow up with suppliers for corrective actions
- Ensure rejected material returns advice completed timeously and ensure removal of poor-quality material from site back to suppliers.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded on SAP.
- Carry out factory quality inspections on blends and packed products and advises whether to release finished goods to DC
- Ensures that CRQS (consumer relevant quality standards) checks are conducted as per SOP and that any CRQS training is conducted as per need.
- Ensures retention samples are kept for all product produced by line and for each shift.
- Analyses and investigates consumer and customer complaints and follows up with appropriate corrective actions
- Be the receiver of Train-the-Trainer training provided by Accenture teams and roll out the training to all SAP-QM users in LJA factory
- Build the SAP-QM structure and own the QM Master Data set for LJA
- Implement a solid inbound sampling process at LJA in line with the Global Design
- Ensure that relevant Quality Master Data are made available for other SAP modules
- Organise and lead the User Acceptance Testing for SAP-QM in close cooperation with the Global SAP-QM specialist (in the global Q-team from Dec. 22)
- Act as the First Point of Contact (FPoC) and Key-User for SAP-QM in LJA factory
- Partner with Global Quality, Blossom team, Accenture, and any other relevant team/discipline to coordinate the implementation of the S4H QM Module in LJA factory
- Support the preparation of manual workarounds enabling essential Quality data to be captured and stored in case of issues with SAP-QM at system Go-Live
Skills and experience:
- 1-3-year experience in FMCG/ Manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP-QM in a Foods Manufacturing environment
- Multiple years Supply Chain experience preferred
- Consumer and customer complaints management (working knowledge preferred)
- Route Cause Analysis working knowledge and experience
- Packing and raw materials working knowledge and experience preferred
- Experience with Tea (Blending & Packing) will be an added advantage
Key performance indicators:
Understanding of Quality Management processes in Food Manufacturing operations.
Good knowledge of ERP systems, especially SAP. SAP-QM knowledge will be a key benefit
Understand business opportunities and obstacles, use common sense and an understanding of customers and consumers to identify problems and opportunities.
Spot patterns, trends, or discrepancies in information, then apply this insight to provide immediate business improvements.
Understand formal and informal structures and processes of the organisation, and how to work in a matrix organisation.
Recognise organisational culture and climate, understand unspoken organisational limits.
Seizing the Future
Display a desire for action, habitually equip themselves to be able to maximise opportunities.
Take decisive action to create business improvements.
Are receptive and positive towards change, see change as a challenge and as an opportunity for themselves as well as for the business.
Holding People Accountable
Seek clarity around individual and team expectations to ensure delivery of results.
Work co-operatively as a member of a team proactively sharing knowledge.
Are positive role model for effective team working, facilitate the operation of the team of which they are a part.
Unilever est une entreprise engagée en faveur de l’équité, de l’inclusion et de la diversité. Chaque jour, nous construisons un avenir meilleur pour nos employés, nos consommateurs du monde entier et nos communautés.
Nous sommes persuadés qu’avoir des équipes variées nous permet de répondre à nos ambitions de croissance et d’encourager l’inclusion au sein de l’entreprise. Chez Unilever, nous voulons que chacun apporte son individualité, vous en faites partie ! Si vous avez besoin d’un accompagnement spécifique, faites le remonter afin que nous puissions vous accompagner tout au long de votre processus de recrutement.
Connectez-vous avec nous
Nous cherchons toujours à nous connecter avec ceux qui partagent un intérêt pour un avenir durable.
Entrez en contact avec Unilever PLC et les équipes spécialisées de notre siège social, ou trouvez des contacts dans le monde entier.Nous contacter