Scientist – Ice Cream North America
Background & Purpose of the Job
Ice Cream is a fun, very innovative, competitive, and fast-paced category. Unilever’s Ice Cream Business Unit in North America looks after a strong portfolio of brands: Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Good Humor, Klondike, Magnum, Popsicle and Talenti.
As a member of the Ice Cream R&D team, you will support the R&D activities to deliver the Ice Cream program, ranging from innovation, renovation, quality improvement and margin enhancement. You will work as a member of a cross-functional project team to deliver to deliver the brand’s program and business objectives
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You love to win and have fun doing it: You are passionate about product development and you are customer/consumer focused. You are comfortable with multi-tasking and operating in a fast paced, multi-faceted, and multi-cultural environment
You’re a dot connector: You are a problem solver: you break an issue into smaller parts to examine them. You build and manage relationships with cross-functional teams, key stakeholders, and strategic vendor partners to enable progress.
You’re a paradox navigator: You leverage your technical knowledge and experience, awareness of culinary and product trends and consumer insights to deliver superior new products that meet the project and business deliverables.
You’re a changemaker: You can identify and address emerging issues as well as set and manage priorities and continuously improve processes and practices
What you’ll do:
- Execute agreed R&D activities to deliver the brand’s program, ranging from innovation, renovation, quality improvement and margin enhancement.
- Works as a member of a cross-functional project team to deliver projects on time in full.
- Independently design products against simple product briefs, design/execute test protocols for the various technical aspects of projects as required (e.g., prototype development and scale-up, shelf-life testing, analytical testing, etc.)
- Lead the process of specification/label creation in SAP PLM from the request to the approved status; Be the material expert and lead creation of new specifications for new ingredients.
Provide technical and product guidance
- Actively participate and/or represent R&D in Supply Chain and Marketing meetings.
- Assess feasibility of new ideas and troubleshoot activities where formulation knowledge is essential.
- Support technical investigations using root-cause analysis and problem-solving techniques as required for existing and new products.
Establish and maintain internal and external working relationships
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with R&D, Supply Chain and marketing teams, customers, and key stakeholders.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or equivalent degree.
- 2-5 years of experience in the food industry, preferably in product development
- Ability to independently execute tasks and projects with low-moderate complexity
- Ability to develop, plan, conduct, and coordinate prototype development initiatives across multiple projects/tasks.
- Working knowledge in use of ingredients, formulation, process, and product design principles.
- Working knowledge in specification creation and approval and costing.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data with guidance on final conclusions
- Working knowledge of experimental design, root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques
- Good understanding of Supply Chain.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to construct trial/lab reports and presentation, including recommendations
- Ability to present information to both technical and non-technical audiences
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connectez-vous avec nous
Nous cherchons toujours à nous connecter avec ceux qui partagent un intérêt pour un avenir durable.
Entrez en contact avec Unilever PLC et les équipes spécialisées de notre siège social, ou trouvez des contacts dans le monde entier.Nous contacter