The 3rd Party Manufacturing (3PM) role works within the Tea Category to ensure product manufactured in third party manufacturer meets ekaterra specification, standards and regulatory requirements, lead 3PM network optimization and provides support for new product introduction (OTIF), Value catalyst, insourcing and renovation projects, execution management and performance improvement. You will be the custodian of the European Portfolio through data collection, analyses to support and deliver Supply Chain strategies, portfolio complexity reduction, network optimization and Business Waste avoidance.
The role reports into the European Innovation Planning Lead.
Your Key Tasks:
- Coordinate all SC activities for innovation & renovation projects, Value catalyst projects, 5S, export and insourcing projects for tea Europe, across brands and 3PM network.
- Represent SC and act as business partner within cross-functional team
- Ensure effective communication with project team & stakeholders in Marketing, Research & Development (R&D), Planning, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Factories
- Coordinate different SC functions to ensure all SC aspects are delivered during different project phases and gates (sourcing/capabilities/capacity/capex/costs)
- Support Risk Assessments for all projects at each project stage.
- Provide SC input at all gatekeeping meetings, innovation business case & lead transfer price delivery – following Terra Ventures process
- Accountable for SC execution of projects related to compliance to all local/national/regional regulatory requirements in Product, Process and Packaging
- Scope local and European initiatives, support Procurement with Make or Buy studies.
- Coordinate insourcing projects, aligning planning, master data, SU and R&D deliverables.
- Deliver input for Business case, ave a critical look at the overall business case and challenge assumptions
- Obsolete avoidance is a core responsibility when innovating and renovating
- Review & act on monthly Customer Complaints reports
- FPOC for Issue & incident management (supported by EU Quality Lead)
- Regular quality review meetings with critical 3PM.
- Be custodian of complexity avoidance. Challenge markets on in/out and follow up with planning team
- Adhere to MOQ/Thresholds and plan to avoid obsoletes, provision where required.
- Identify the key drivers of complexity in the tea category across the end to end (E2E) supply chain.
- Monitor with detailed analysis the portfolio healthiness in terms of number of products in/out, critical volumes & technical aspects in alignment with aligned thresholds.
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
- European Planning teams
- Go To Market planning teams (Middle EU, West EU, UKI, PL/EE)
- European SC Planning Lead
- European Quality Lead
- European Innovation Planning Lead
Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding project management skills
- 2-3 years previous supply chain (Plan / Make / Source) experience
- Knowledge and experience in Quality in Innovation for Manufacturing including statistical analysis and process control, supplier assessment and capabilities, risk assessments.
- Basic awareness of financial principles
- Data management/analytical skills
- English proficiency
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel, MS Project)
Who we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills
- Affinity with technical and/or quality topics
- A passionate networker driven by innovation and strong change affinity
- Leadership and sense of business ownership
- Stakeholder management
- Willing to go on occasional travel within Europe
- End to end management, ability to understand the big picture but also comfortable with details and managing the operations
- Independent, self-starter, ability to discover opportunities
The qualities we look for in you:
Ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Unilever is proud of its tea business ekaterra, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. eka stands for unity and one purpose while terra stands for earth and nature. As ekaterra we are united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
Recently Unilever announced that it had agreed to sell ekaterra to CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII.
Present in more than 100 countries, ekaterra generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business offering a world of wellbeing with the regenerative power of plants to hundreds of millions of consumers. As a standalone entity, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the industry with dedicated focus driving greater growth and value.
Under CVC’s ownership, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our brands, our people and our capabilities.Combining the strength and scale of its global iconic brands with speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a ‘corporate start-up’ mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities to flourish every day – both for its business, and its people.
At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all. In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
Be part of this amazing blend. Join our collective and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Unilever est une entreprise engagée en faveur de l’équité, de l’inclusion et de la diversité. Chaque jour, nous construisons un avenir meilleur pour nos employés, nos consommateurs du monde entier et nos communautés.
Nous sommes persuadés qu’avoir des équipes variées nous permet de répondre à nos ambitions de croissance et d’encourager l’inclusion au sein de l’entreprise. Chez Unilever, nous voulons que chacun apporte son individualité, vous en faites partie ! Si vous avez besoin d’un accompagnement spécifique, faites le remonter afin que nous puissions vous accompagner tout au long de votre processus de recrutement.
Connectez-vous avec nous
Nous cherchons toujours à nous connecter avec ceux qui partagent un intérêt pour un avenir durable.
Entrez en contact avec Unilever PLC et les équipes spécialisées de notre siège social, ou trouvez des contacts dans le monde entier.Nous contacter