Background & Purpose of the Job
Is leadership your strength? Are you a Production Supervisor with focus on Safety, Quality and Performance? We are looking for you!
At Unilever, we act fast to anticipate consumer needs, fast to translate ideas into new products, and fast to make, distribute and market them. We build products that people enjoy, trust and use in their daily lives. A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that supports diversity. You can craft your own career path as you work with teams and people that drive our sustainable business growth.
Our Ice-cream manufacturing Site in Simcoe, Ontario, Canada is looking for a Manufacturing/Production Supervisor. We make all our ice-cream brands sold in Canada here with an annual production of about 50,000,000 litres of ice cream. This position will drive performance in this high-paced and cross-functional environment. Team leadership and team engagement is vital to the success of this role.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
This role will report to the Manufacturing Manager and will involve collaboration with multiple departments such as Quality, Maintenance and Planning to handle the Manufacturing Operation in a shift. Overall responsibilities include safety, quality and production performance for an entire shift of 150 hourly unionized employees.
There is a large amount of responsibility to deliver day to day results, and also to contribute to long-term people development. It’s critical for this position to be able to communicate and explain key initiatives to our employees, and hold the teams accountable to deliver in all aspects of manufacturing.
In addition to regular operation, this position is also required to support the sites continuous improvement agenda. This spans a wide variety of safety, quality, productivity, cost, waste improvements or new equipment/product/material trials.
This role is a critical Front Line Leader in the plant, and will be expected to have strong interpersonal skills to manage their own direct reports, as well as the ability to work laterally with other departments in the factory. It will be important to work cross functionally within the factory to drive plant wide results.
- You’re a born leader: Lead a team of 150 unionize employees to drive engagement and increased performance.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: High performance site looking to continue to drive improvements in Safety, Quality, and Productivity. The teams want to succeed, and want someone they can trust to help guide them.
- You’re a teacher: Mentoring and developing the team is essential to success.
- You’re a change-maker: Drive a culture shift for high performance and collaborative teams.
- You’re a culture & change champion: Instill a Safety First Culture and change the mindset in regards to how we approach safety problems. Safety is not a singular action, but a culture change.
What you will need to succeed
- Minimum Education Requirement is High School Diploma/ GED. Post Secondary education is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in leadership within a manufacturing or production environment in a unionized facility
- A working background and knowledge of plant/equipment production and procedures is required
- Proficiency with MS Office; SAP is a plus
- Administration of continuous improvement methods in WCM
- Some of the Key Skills essential for the role - Problem solving skills, Leadership skills, Organizational skills and Communication skills
- Ability to understand the basis of an organization and focus on customer-supplier needs, internally and externally
- Capacity to be a leader in the formation, design, implementation, and integration of new concepts and technologies.
Please note: This role requires you to work shifts, including rotating nights and weekends.
Unilever Canada is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Unilever Canada est une organisation engagé à la diversité et à l'inclusion pour stimuler nos résultats d'affaires et créer un meilleur avenir chaque jour pour nos employés, les consommateurs globaux, les partenaires et les communautés. Nous croyons qu'un effectif diversifiée nous permet de faire correspondre nos ambitions de croissance et de stimuler l'inclusion dans l'entreprise. Tous les candidats qualifiés recevront la considération pour un emploi sans égard à la race, la couleur, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression de genre, l'âge, l'origine nationale ou ethnique, l'état matrimonial, la situation familiale, l'invalidité, les caractéristiques génétique, et une condamnation pour laquelle un pardon a été accordée.
Si vous êtes une personne handicapée qui a besoin d'aide à tout moment au cours de notre processus de recrutement, veuillez communiquer avec nous au NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Veuillez noter: ces lignes sont réservées aux personnes handicapées ayant besoin d'aide et ne sont pas un moyen d'enquêter sur les postes.
Connectez-vous avec nous
Nous cherchons toujours à nous connecter avec ceux qui partagent un intérêt pour un avenir durable.
Entrez en contact avec Unilever PLC et les équipes spécialisées de notre siège social, ou trouvez des contacts dans le monde entier.Nous contacter