Job Title: Factory Project Manager - ekaterra, Project Blossom
WorkLocation: Suffolk, VA
Job Type: Full-Time
Travelrequired: Limited Travel
THIS IS A TEMPORARY CONTRACT POSITION
Who we are…and what we do
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
The foundations of our new ekaterra organization have been laid following our internal separation from Unilever and the stand-up of ekaterra Leadership and Management teams around the world. We have designed our end state operating model and related legal entity structure to become the world’s number 1 pure play Tea business.
Now begins the most exciting phase of our journey, Project Blossom, as we seek to implement our end-state design, exit our Transitional Services Agreements with Unilever, and establish ekaterra as a fully standalone and independent business.
Project Blossom requires ekaterra local market teams to develop and ultimately deliver the relevant local establishment plans with the Blossom – Factory Project Manager playing the lead role of ensuring successful stand up of business process, systems, and ways of working within the Suffolk factory.
The Blossom – Factory Project Manager is ultimately responsible for successful deployment of ekaterra’s end state business processes, systems, and transformation of ekaterra’s Suffolk factory to the Blossom standard. The Project Manager will serve as the factory champion with the global and regional project teams to ensure all end state processes/systems are fit for purpose and meet local timelines.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Own the on-time delivery and deployment of business processes, new system implementations and change management within the Suffolk factory by working closely with local factory teams, global workstream leads, regional Blossom team leads and the system integrator to ensure all end state processes and systems are fit for purpose in Suffolk and on track.
- Overall responsibility and key point of contact for the coordination of Blossom Planning and execution activities for the Suffolk factory
- Manage progress of the project, escalating for support and resolving issues and risks with team members and stakeholders
- Lead Project Blossom communications for Factory ensuring understanding, engagement and sharing of critical information with all levels of factory organization
- Work collaboratively with the Factory leadership team on change management. Understand employee morale and engagement over the course of the project and use communication and morale boosting tactics to ensure healthy morale is maintained and employees are being effectively guided through the change. Blossom should not be seen as a project that is happening to the employees, rather Project Blossom is the exciting opportunity of collectively starting up a new company that we are all a part of.
- Support Business as Usual activities as needed to allow end state owners space to engage in Blossom design and implementation
- Lead specific changes including but not limited to: S4HANA implementation, Warehouse management system installation and commissioning, Flex Blending process change, IT migration, and all Blossom standard changes impacting Planning/Scheduling, Operations, Quality, Maintenance, and Logistics
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Operations, Supply Chain)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain (Planning, Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering or Logistics)
- Knowledge of factory operations and planning (SAP APO and SAP ECC) systems
- Communication: Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex requirements and expectations in a simple way
- Organization: Strong organizational skills with a demonstrable track record in successful project management and project delivery
- Ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and influence decisions
- Analytical thinking, creative problem-solving ability
- Time consciousness, diligence, flexibility, and interest to accept more responsibility, able to take initiative and give proper decisions timely
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
ekaterra is an organization committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. We are interested in every individual bringing their whole self to work and this includes you! Therefore, if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connectez-vous avec nous
Nous cherchons toujours à nous connecter avec ceux qui partagent un intérêt pour un avenir durable.
Entrez en contact avec Unilever PLC et les équipes spécialisées de notre siège social, ou trouvez des contacts dans le monde entier.Nous contacter