Manufacturing Leader (Category Leader)
WHO ARE WE?
Do you want to work for a company that makes a difference in the world? At Unilever, we have a clear purpose - to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our 400 brands reaching 2.5 billion people every day, we aim to make a positive social impact globally and locally. Through our household brands, like Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Hellman’s and Axe, we are creating a bright future for our customers, our business, and our planet - and you can be part of it.
LOCATION: Lerma Factory, Toluca, Estado de México
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The CL is a management professional with a good technical understanding of manufacturing, general or chemical engineering or food technology. CLs have proficient mechanical skills and display excellent personal qualities. Provides the governance function for a cluster of semi-autonomous teams, delivering management and leadership support for performance monitoring, overtime allocation, working patterns and dispute resolution. The CL retains responsibility for the Technical and Basic Operators within the semi-autonomous team, but is not involved in the day to day team management beyond the monitoring and performance management role.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE NEEDED IN SIMILAR ROLES:
At least 4 years in a similar role.
- Utilise appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team. Full knowledge of hazards in the workplace.
- Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Promote the development of a highly effective team through the establishment of a positive team climate supported by authentic leadership and clear communication.
- Makes governance decisions for the semi-autonomous team and adjudicates on unresolved team issues. Sets the strategy for Continuous Improvement and Preventative Maintenance in her/his area guided by loss trends and direction provided by the Manufacturing Manager.
- Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses. High skill level in Continuous Improvement that is aligned closely with World Class Manufacturing and LEAN methodologies.
- Apply core knowledge of Quality skills; Quality Measurement, Prioritisation, Improvement, Assessment and Certification etc to sustain Quality standards in the factory operation.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION NEEDED:
WHAT YOU´LL NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Effective mechanical skills (see qualifications) supported by detailed knowledge of the end to end manufacturing processes relevant to their operation and endorsed Good Manufacturing Practice.
- An ability to facilitate technical improvements using WCM improvement tools.Able to coach Technical Operators and semi-autonomous teams to build team performance. (CLs who have undergone the IP module can facilitate standardisation of their line/process area).
- Has the ability to identify, prioritise and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Able to coordinate business resources and apply risk management processes. Keen sense of prioritisation and ability to influence change. Resolve conflicts where identified.
- Timely and accurate administration for a cluster of teams; shift rosters, pay, performance, training and safety. Liaise with Sourcing Unit leads to ensure policy compliance.
- Planning and Organising. Prepare work plans within resource constraints and review implementation to drive improvement.
WHAT WOULD BE YOUR MAIN CHALLENGE?
Leading improvement projects for operational processes, CLs have a strong understanding of the end to end manufacturing process. This includes the chemical and electro-mechanical processes and controls. She/he is able to interpret technical diagnostics, identify key issues and process risks. CLs possess the leadership skills to act with speed and rigour.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO APPLY IF YOU ARE A FOREIGNER:
In order to apply to any of our recruitment processes, you must count with the following requirements:
- Current Mexican work Visa
- Social Security number (NSS)
Unilever est une entreprise engagée en faveur de l’équité, de l’inclusion et de la diversité. Chaque jour, nous construisons un avenir meilleur pour nos employés, nos consommateurs du monde entier et nos communautés.
Nous sommes persuadés qu’avoir des équipes variées nous permet de répondre à nos ambitions de croissance et d’encourager l’inclusion au sein de l’entreprise. Chez Unilever, nous voulons que chacun apporte son individualité, vous en faites partie ! Si vous avez besoin d’un accompagnement spécifique, faites le remonter afin que nous puissions vous accompagner tout au long de votre processus de recrutement.
Connectez-vous avec nous
Nous cherchons toujours à nous connecter avec ceux qui partagent un intérêt pour un avenir durable.
Entrez en contact avec Unilever PLC et les équipes spécialisées de notre siège social, ou trouvez des contacts dans le monde entier.Nous contacter